Thursday, September 8, 2011

Take 2

I just wrote an entire post and then deleted it.

Why? Because I'm still a little too guarded to just spill my guts on the internet.

So...you can either be thankful or disappointed that I used my blog filter and my delete key this evening. Maybe someday you'll hear more of my thoughts on dating. :)

In the meantime...I'll tell you about a different summer adventure - Music Circus!

What is Music Circus? It's a theater in the round that runs seven different musicals in seven weeks here in Sacramento. They used to hold the performances in a tent, but now they have a nice, modern, air conditioned theater that still has a bit of a feel of the circus tent. The actors use the aisleways for entrances and exits, scene changes, and sometimes even costume changes. The shows are usually fantastic!

My friend Ariane introduced me to the beauties of being a Music Circus usher a couple of summers ago. See...if you volunteer and come early and usher (you have to sign up and have a training and everything), then you get to see the show for free. Awesome! Many of our friends are on the Friday evening usher crew.

Plus! this summer I learned that you can get free popcorn after intermission. Double score!

This summer I was able to see six of the seven amazing performances. It's a great way to see theater. I wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise. :) Here's what the season was:

The Producers (I actually only stayed for half)
Oliver!
Anything Goes
Camelot (the one I missed)
Annie Get Your Gun (my fave of the year)
I Do! I Do! (my least fave of the year)
Miss Saigon

Granted, I have to wear white and black, but it's fun to talk to people as they're coming in, and then I see a show with my friends.

I think it's good summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment