Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adventures With Food

I love working with the Young Women at church!

Even though I stress out all the time about getting activities ready every week, once we get started I'm reminded of how wonderful these girls are and how worth it it is.

Tonight the YW came over to my house because they decided that they wanted to learn how to cook a meal from start to finish.

And apparently I was the teacher.

Luckily, if you can read, you can fake your way through cooking a meal. Even if it's a meal that you've never made before.

Also luckily, the girls are very patient with my scatteredness and lack of being able to ever time a meal so that it finishes all together.

We made fettucine alfredo with chicken and broccoli, green salad with homemade ranch dressing, and homemade strawberry ice cream. Not a bad menu, right?

Too bad that I forgot to defrost the chicken. So...in the middle of cooking I made them stop so that we could read some scriptures for Personal Progress while the chicken was in the microwave.

Also too bad that we didn't get done until 8:05. I think everyone was starving.

But they did a really good job! The meal was delicious. (Sorry about that ONE piece of pink chicken Hollie!) And they all said that they thought it was something that they could make for their families. Success!

A special thank you shout out goes to Angie for giving me a chopper for my birthday and to Jessica for letting us borrow the ice cream maker. The shallots were really making people cry until we pulled out the chopper.

And now the dishes are all done and my kitchen in clean. And I'm going to bed.

Because I forgot until tonight that I signed up to feed the missionaries tomorrow.

Good thing I can read, because it looks like I'm cooking again tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment