Thursday, September 15, 2011

Early Birthday Surprise!

Look what I came home to tonight!


Yes, oh yes, my friends. It's a doorknob. Excuse me - a door handle. AND I'M SO EXCITED!!!

My door was all wrapped up when I came home from my meeting. Nick and Emily had carefully wrapped up my door, and they had even written notes and drawn pictures on the paper AND on paper underneath.


Really, the whole door was covered when I got home, but this was after the big reveal. Those are my socks taped to the door. They're no longer just stuck in the hole where the handle should be. (Don't worry - I will take them down soon.)


Can you see the joy on my face? Now, I have to say that all my talking about getting myself a doorknob was in no way a hint that someone else should do it for me. However, I'm totally stoked (who uses that word anymore?) that I got this. I think it's been about 15 months since I've properly closed my door. I feel so grown up. Thank you Nick and Emily!!!

Thank you also to Angie for the AMAZING chopper that she brought me at our meeting tonight! Dicing onions will never be the same. :)

P.S. I made brownies to take to work tomorrow so that the office can celebrate with me. One batch of mint and one batch of peanut butter chip/chocolate chip. Mmm... Why have I only been to the gym once this week?!

I was thinking about some mellow contemplative birthday blog post tonight, but who can be emotionally melancholy when there's a new door handle to celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment