Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 3 - Look at Me!!!

Third day in a row. I promise I won't be too proud of myself too often. :)

And since I only slept for maybe three hours last night, this will be my rambling thoughts post.

1. This is also day three of me going to the gym. Again...not too proud yet.

2. I went to water aerobics tonight for my workout. Great resistance, decent cardio, and a whole lot of internal laughter. The class was taught by Cecilia. She must have been 80 years old, but she commanded our attention. Apparently she usually uses a whistle, but she forgot it tonight. I don't know - I just think there's something funny about 30 people cramming into a pool and jumping, kicking, and working it out all together. We had several bathing caps. You know - the ones with the flowers on them that allow you to tuck all your hair in. Not the Michael Phelps kind. I get it - the women don't want to get their hair wet. OK. But why was the very hairy man wearing a swim cap? And it really was only on the top half of his head. The purpose? No idea. I am, however, looking forward to more classes with Cecilia and the gang.

3. I still haven't seen the new Harry Potter. I really want to. Hmm...maybe this weekend?

4. Do you ever have days when you want to just hit someone? ("Here - hit this!" Can anyone name the movie?) I had one of those today. I didn't hit anyone. And exercise worked it out of my system. I think I was having one of those days years ago when my beloved sister took my spot on the couch when I got up to go to the bathroom. That time I pulled her hair. I know. Bad. Today...not so bad.

5. I talked to my niece on the phone last night. Again...why do they live so far away?! My favorite part of our conversation was when we were talking about Halloween costumes. I told her I was making one and asked if she could guess what it was. After guessing Mickey and Minnie Mouse, a witch, and a pumpkin, I told her she had one more guess. What did she guess? POPCORN! Love it!

6. I am actually making my Halloween costume this year. I asked my grandma if she would teach me some more about sewing. Since it's ok if a Halloween costume isn't perfect, I figured that would be good practice. We've got the pattern and the fabric. We're on our way.

Tomorrow's Friday!!! HOORAY!!!

1 comment: