Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm Back!

What do you do when you have a splitting headache that you think will either drive you to tears or make you pull out all of your hair?

Take some Advil and watch three episodes of the Gilmore Girls? Me too!

That was my afternoon. And I'm pretty sure the headache was my own fault. Lame! First of all, I was dumb, and last night I threw away my last pair of contacts thinking that I still had more. Nope. This morning the cupboard was bare, so I had to wear my OLD glasses from about 8 years ago because my newer ones got stolen when my car was broken into earlier this year. Not only are they not cute, but the prescription is old and I'm just not used to having to carry something around on my face all day.

Second, I didn't eat enough this morning/afternoon. So I'm pretty sure that this compounded the headache. Oh well. I think I'm better now. :)

How was my weekend, you ask? Well...here's the quick sum up:

1. Camp Ritchie was beautiful. The lake was gorgeous. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

2. First impressions of the camp included these quotes: "This is why no one brings suitcases camping! Or maybe why I don't camp!" and "I am NOT a mountain goat!" Let's just say that it was dark when we got there, no one showed us where our cabin was, and all of the "trails" to things were basically rock faces. We pretty much had to climb down to our cabin with all of our gear, sleeping stuff, etc. Thankfully the light of day made it easier to find things. It didn't make it easier to actually get there, but we could at least see where we were going.

3. It was a very young YSA crowd. 'Nuff said.

4. I did meet some very nice new friends and get to spend some time with old friends, so it was totally worth it.

5. I dug a ditch and built a flower bed. When they said we'd be giving service, they really meant it!

6. The food was really good and there was LOTS of it.

7. We went on a hike, got lost, prayed, then found the road. Love faith-promoting experiences. :)

8. I got to sit in the sun by the lake and read a book. One of my favorite things in the whole world!

9. The stars were amazing!

10. I was reminded that while I love the outdoors, I really am not a big camper. When Koreen asked if I would be an RV camper or regular camper, my answer was that I really like being a cabin person instead. Just like Grandma and Grandpa's growing up. (I'm still so sad they sold it!) Nothing fancy. Just a place in the woods with indoor plumbing, a kitchen, beds, and a big table for meals and card games. We could sled right out the front door in the winter and we were at the pool or lake within minutes in the summer. Perfection.

What did you do for Labor Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment