Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Here goes:

1. I want to strangle my internet. It keeps starting and stopping. Comcast - for what service are we paying you?!

2. I'm SOOOOOOOO tired right now. I am not so super at getting up an hour earlier to work overtime this week. But I'm sure that I'll like it when my next paycheck comes, right?

3. My new contacts came in today. Wohoo!!! Did I tell you that I was dumb and dumber and threw away my last pair without realizing that it was my last pair? Yeah. Smooth. I think I may have already told that story. Sorry. The happy ending is that I'll see clearly again soon.

4. Speaking of getting up early, the other day I was thinking about all of my Young Women who get up so early to go to seminary before school. Then I was thinking about when I went to seminary. I'd just like to give a shout out to Mike and Todd who gave me a ride every day my freshman year. Thanks to you I learned about the band Anything Box. I think we listened to them and Depeshe Mode (sp?) and Erasure every day on the way to seminary. I still can't hear "Living in Oblivion" without it transporting me back.

5. My 13th birthday was the day that my parents had a phone line installed in my room and I got my very own phone. It was a see-through phone that lit up when it rang. I didn't really even like talking on the phone, but this was the coolest right of passage into teen-dom that I could possibly have imagined. Ah-mazing. A birthday never to be forgotten.

6. This year I will be 13...plus 20.

7. My dad and I talked on Sunday and he thinks I should take an edgier route with my blog. Take the English language to a new level, you know? In fact, we came up with a new title. "MLA - Modern Language Assassin." What do you think?

That's all for tonight. Tomorrow is coming all too quickly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment