Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Classic Cinema and Camp Ritchie

Every Tuesday I get to go to church and lead activities with the Young Women. I love it. I love it because I love the YW. They are stalwart and amazing and wonderful and fun.

Tonight we had a movie night. We premiered the movie they made about a month ago, "Lehi's Dream." It was bring-a-random-prop night, and then they had to use all the props to make a movie of a scripture story. It was great!

After we watched their cinematic greatness, we had "classic LDS film night." There's a whole era of church movies that these girls haven't seen. So...I introduced them to a couple of great titles. Our library didn't have all the ones I wanted, but I did manage to score "Spiritual Crocodiles" and "What Is Real?" The great part is that even though the clothes are dated, the messages are still right on target.

As promised, here are all of my pictures from this past weekend. Here's a shot of the forrest.


Me hiking in the forrest.

Koreen, Melissa, and Erick right before we realized that we were kind of lost. I made them all sit on this fallen tree to take a picture. Koreen sat in sap. Oops!

Down at the lake. Not a bad reading spot, huh?

Me and Koreen as we were leaving the lake.

Here's the flower bed that I made! It kind of looks camouflaged, but really we had to dig a ditch for those big rocks to sit in. It was hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment