Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let the Celebrations Begin!

I have been blessed with wonderful grandparents. And what's even more amazing is that though only my maternal grandparents are still alive, I grew up with all of my grandparents.

And now, I live only about 25-30 minutes from my grandma and grandpa. It's great to be so close!

Tonight I took a little drive out to see Barb and Chet. Grandma is teaching me more about sewing by helping me to make my Halloween costume, and we got the whole thing cut out tonight. It's going to be awesome.

Anyway...my point in starting this was to say that after a great dinner prepared by Grandpa, my sweet grandparents had chocolate cupcakes for my birthday dessert! With beautiful crystal sugar on top. And mine had a candle. And then they sang. Yes, the two of them sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and I loved every minute. I am fortunate beyond belief to get to spend so much time with them.

And the cupcakes were delicious because they were made with love...and sugar. (That's what Kari says is Grandpa's secret recipe.)

So, with the first song and the first candle blowing, and the first cupcake, the birthday fun has begun!

(I'm really not so super stuck on myself and my birthday. But, with writing every day, it makes for a fun topic. Just a disclaimer.)

1 comment:

  1. I love this story! Grandparents are so much fun. Did you see the video of the grandparents learning to use the webcam? Look it up, they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete