Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Melt My Heart To Pieces

I know that everyone thinks that their niece or nephew is the cutest in the world, right?

I hate to break it to you people, but you're wrong.

I have the cutest. Period.

I'm not even going to discuss the adorableness of the twinners in the hats that Mollie made. I'll let the picture do all the talking. And besides, that's not really what this post is about.


But they ARE cute. :)

No, this post is about Kallie and how she melts my heart to pieces. Many moons ago she and I read the book Pinkalicious. It's a fun little book, as are its sequels. Just for fun I started calling her Kallilicious. Then she would call me Jennalicious. It's been our little thing for a while now.

Well, earlier this month my mom went to Idaho to visit their family, and she took Kallie on a date to Wal-Mart (her favorite place for some reason) to pick out a treat. She found a Pinkalicious box filled with stencils and stickers and all sorts of fun things. That's what she picked.

When my mom got home she said that she had something for me from Kallie. Here's a picture of what she sent from Idaho.


Mom said that Kallie wanted to send the whole box home with her so that I would be able to see all the Pinkalicious stuff. Since my mom said the box would be too big, they decided to just cut the top of the box to bring home. As my mom was leaving to go to the airport, Kallie realized that mom had forgotten to pack the box top and was a little upset. But she was appeased when she knew that I'd at least be getting her picture.

Isn't that the sweetest thing?

I have hung my picture by my bed so that I can think of my Kallilicious every day.

I wish we all lived closer.

Heart melting. :)

2 comments:

  1. Kid art is the BEST. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! With no niece/nephew currently in the picture drawing stage (I have four, ages 17 years, 13 years (twins), and 2 weeks) there has been a deplorable lack of kid art around here.

    ReplyDelete