Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Last of the Short-Lived Food Posts

I really thought that I had so much to post about in the area of "food." Turns out...I don't. So here's my last hurrah for now:

This was our Laurels "Un birthday" (non)Tea Party. My contributions: cupcakes with pink frosting and cucumber sandwiches. And pink lemonade of course. We're so fancy. Aren't these girls just adorable?!


Our New Beginnings (a Young Women Program) cake. We had an Olympics theme, so I make a big cake and covered it with fondant and then made fondant olympic rings in the YW value colors.



This is one of the yummiest apple cakes I've ever eaten. Click here for the recipe. I even used my dehydrated apples from my food storage to make it. SO good!


In my other attempt to use my food storage, I tried making a black bean soup. Basically all you're going to get is the picture of the label. Let's just say that even though the apple cake was a success, my cooking with food storage has not yet been perfected. :) I ate the soup, but it wasn't really very good. I'll give it another go another time.


I'm realizing that this is kind of a boring post. However, I'm now at the end of it. So instead of deleting it I'm just going to go ahead and post it. And then go eat Sunday dinner.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, Jenn, you and all your talents never seem to amaze me. And what amazes me even more is that you have food storage. I mean, not that I don't...I totally have giant cans of powdered butter and powdered eggs, compliments of The Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I'm sorry that I never seem to amaze you. I'll keep trying. :)

    And I only have a little bit of food storage, but the lady at the cannery said that we should start now to learn what to do with all the stuff we store. Otherwise how will we know what to do with it if there's an emergency? Good to know that I can make a cake. :) And since you've got the powdered eggs and butter, we'll make a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good grief. I can speak English, I promise. That should be: You and all your talents never CEASE to amaze me.

    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I know you can! You are a published author for cryin' out loud. I was just giving you a hard time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am seriously impressed with that fondant cake. Want to come up and make it for our New Beginnings in September? We're having it then because we'll actually have a new Beehive then. Then we'll have four girls. Total. One Beehive, two Mia Maids, and a Laurel. We will have doubled our numbers since the beginning of the year because one girl moved in recently. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete