Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Food Just Makes You Happy!

Last night, as we were exiting the Buckhorn Grill after a FABULOUS meal, we were laughing about who knows what, and someone said, "The food just makes you happy!" What a true statement. So...here are a few posts in an Ode to Food. (Or something like that.)

This was last night at the Buckhorn Grill after we finished our practically free and very delicious meal. They really do have good tri-tip!

Ariane and Alyssa showing off their empty plates.

I was going for a full-belly type smile, but it just kind of came off weak. Oh well.

"How did you get a free meal?" you might ask. Such a good question!

It was totally thanks to a fun adventure that I didn't blog about back in February. Cameron, Ariane and I took a field trip over to San Francisco for the Giants' annual Fan Fest. It was kind of cold and rainy at first, but the clouds finally broke and we were able to enjoy a hot dog in the sunshine in the seats that none of us can normally afford. A little slice of heaven. :)

AND...to get back to my original point, they were giving out free samples of tri-tip along with coupons for free sandwiches. And yes, I walked by twice. Two samples. Two coupons. But let me tell you - it was great for their business, because last night when I redeemed my coupon I upgraded to the combo (excellent mashed potatoes!) AND I'm telling people about how good it was. So, they're glad they gave me two coupons.

Anyway, that's the story. Here are the pictures. Enjoy!


I was a little surprised when I picked up the phone to the bullpen and someone actually answered on the other end! Ok - it was a kid, but we did decide that Zito was done for the day and it was time to bring in Wilson to close out the game.

View from inside the dugout. Though I'm guessing the players can see the field a little more easily when it's actually game day.

Cameron and Ariane as we were waiting for our tour of the clubhouse.

This is the clubhouse. I believe Ari liked to call it the locker room, but whatever. It was smaller than I thought it would be, but I was actually glad to see that it wasn't ostentatious. But very nice. I sat in one of the little locker places, but I don't have that picture. Sorry.

I liked that they give a "Good Guy" award. Way to go!

Important safety tip. Thanks Egon. (Anyone know what movie?)

Motivational I guess. They'd do more of this (winning) if they could ever score some runs.

Do you know who these guys are?! Barry Zito and my all-time favorite Giant as a kid - WILL CLARK!!! I know it's not a great shot, but it was fun to see him in person and listen to a bit of their Q & A session.

Do you know who these guys are?! Me neither. I didn't want to stand in any of the ridiculously long lines for pictures and autographs, so I took their picture from the field. Turns out that #37 is Todd Wellemeyer (the Giants' 5th starting pitcher...for now), and the other two aren't even on the active roster. Oh well!

Ariane in the press box. They really are great seats. :)

It's so fun to go to this. If anyone wants to go next year, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. fun! I will travel over there for this next year ;) just let me know

    ReplyDelete