Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How Did I Survive?

How did I ever survive winters in places other than California?

I'm currently sitting in my heated office with my coat on - FREEZING!!! Most mornings I fill a cup with hot water, wrap my hands around it until it's cool enough to sip and then drink plain hot water to warm me up.

And we've only hit freezing (literally) temperatures maybe once this year.

How in the world did I live for so many years in places like Utah and The Netherlands?! I know that winter wind blowing right off the North Sea was infinitely colder than the valley fog, so where did all my toughness go?

I may have to get out the "couch sack" tonight. :)

P.S. I am officially against the little oranges that look like they are going to be nice and sweet and turn out to be somewhat sour and full of seeds.

7 comments:

  1. Coming from the woman who wear shorts year-round in Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way here in LA. It's so cold in the morning!
    And I miss notchies. (how do you spell that and do they go by some other name here? I've wondered for the last 11 years.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like to say that I'm not wearing shorts today. Nope. It's 40 degrees, rainy, and dare I say it, COLD. I'm wearing a red wool sweater and brown boots. I'm just thrilled with myself...mostly because I own so many lovely winter clothes that I never get to wear because I live in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and also, I was going to say that if you're cold, I happen to know something that will keep you warm and also help you to look super sassy: Sorrel Snow Boots. I just happen to have first hand experience and know how great they look with a dress. I'll go ahead and upload some of my mission pictures to show you the sexy-factor. Those pictures will also teach you how to layer tights over thermal undies. I really was a pillar of fashion on my mission.

    ReplyDelete