Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Random Wednesday Thoughts

1. I ate a fortune cookie the other day and the fortune said, "Much success will find you in the coming year." Then I ate another one and the fortune said something like, "Take control of your subconscious before someone else does." What does that even mean?! I'm going with the first one for sure.

2. Fresh, warm zucchini bread is wonderful. It just came out of the oven and I'm eating while I type. I think I could eat the whole pan. It's like eating vegetables, right?

3. I love the sound of tearing perforated paper. Like the checks at my job. I don't know why. I told you these were random thoughts.

4. I also love listening to my ipod on shuffle. This is because: a. I hear songs I forgot I had; b. I am reminded that I have great, eclectic taste in music; and c. the juxtaposition of songs in fantastic! I love that I can hear Miles Davis, Sons of Provo, Frank Sinatra, Yellow Card, Barbara Streisand, and Rascal Flatts all in the same afternoon. Currently: Bing Crosby singing "Silent Night." Also, this way it's ok to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. The excuse: "What?! My ipod was on 'shuffle.' It just came up." Brilliant.

5. Speaking of brilliant, my new favorite TV show is just that. Anyone ever watch Top Gear on BBC America? You should. My brother made me watch it a couple of weeks ago and I was not excited, because I thought it would be a lame car show. NOT LAME!!! So funny I was crying. I now have 11 episodes on my dvr and I've converted Ariane.

6. I am so excited for my family to be here next week that I'm about ready to burst!

7. Next Thursday morning will the "1st Ever Harlow Family Run Before You're Hungry." Intrigued? Check back next week for pictures and results. Should be a blast!

Ok - I have a zillion more thoughts, but you'll have to tune in next time to find out what they might be. :)

Last item: Anyone know what the picture below is? I mean - besides a sign that says, "Nando's?" 50 points to the person can guess the significance.

4 comments:

  1. Top Gear = definitely brilliant. My husband is watching it right now on Netflix actually. He's been watching all week. We love Netflix and we love Top Gear. Those guys are funny.

    Nando's = delicious chicken!! Where is that?

    This is Becky by the way, bet you didn't know I was reading this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky - you win the prize! Even though I've only ever seen Nando's in Zimbabwe, I had to take a picture of it when I was in Vancouver Canada this summer. I didn't go inside to eat, but it was a restaurant, and I'm guessing it is the same chain. Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! So I read your post about Top Gear so I had to give it a shot. I am now addicted to it on Netflix. LOL The show is good and I feel like I learned somthing about cars. Plus its funny! Thanks for the heads up on the great show! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal - that's so great! Isn't it a funny show? I don't even care that much about cars, but I love to watch it! I'm glad that you liked the recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete