Sunday, April 18, 2010

Adventure: Disney World

At the beginning of March, my youngest brother, David, and I hopped on a red-eye flight and ended up in Orlando, Florida. Our sister Kari lives there and works for Disney World. This was the first trip to Florida for both David and me, and it was FABULOUS!!!!! Kari knows her way around the parks like nobody's business, and we learned to just keep up with her. She was so fast. In fact, when David and I were on the trip home we had a quick connection (that ended up delayed) in Minnesota. As we were flying through the airport, I commented on his lightning speed. He just turned and said over his shoulder, "I've been training for this moment for the past three days." Too true.

We laughed a lot. We ate a lot. We bought matching t-shirts. Basically we had a magical amount of fun.

Thanks to Kari's creative genius, she managed to put three days worth of high-intensity Disney action into a 10-minute video. I think it's worth every minute, but if you're not into seeing other people's vacation footage, don't click here. Otherwise - watch. It will make you want to be in Florida right now.

My only word of caution: Do not - I repeat - DO NOT go on the dinosaur ride at the Animal Kingdom! It is SO scary!!!! If you watch the video you will see pictures of me and David literally trying to get on the floor of the ride to get away from the fake dinosaurs. Terrifying. Every other ride I went on was awesome. :)

Thanks, Kari, for being our fearless leader on this whirlwind trip. Here's to the Trifecta of Fun!


4 comments:

  1. How cute are your siblings? Oh, and I guess you too...:) How do mom and dad Harlow feel about having children spread across the United States? And what does you sister do for her job??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! Yeah...They're pretty cute. We had so much fun! I think my parents have gotten used to having kids in different places. One of my brothers is in Idaho, and then David and I are here. I think that day-to-day it's no big deal. It's when you just want to hang out or stop by or if there's a birthday or holiday that it's hard. How does the Judy deal with it? Are you the only one far away? My sister is currently a full-time lifeguard and lifeguard trainer at the Animal Kingdom resort. I think she'll be glad when spring break time is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, how did I not know there's a fourth Harlow? In my head, there's just three of you - didn't realize there was a younger brother.

    The Judy could really care less about her children being spread out (although, everyone else is in Idaho or Utah, so it's not that far). I think she's enjoying her empty nest phase and has been for the last 15 years. The funny thing about her is that she wants to see everyone - just not everyone at the same time and she only wants to see the grandchildren for about 2 hours at a time and then wants them to go away for the rest of the day. You really can't blame her. She's an old lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, I know exactly what you mean about the dinosaur ride. When I was working at Disney World, I went on it with some friends and I was terrified. I got down so low in my seat that you couldn't even see me in the picture. My friend asked me later what Disney would have to do to make me okay on that ride and I decided in three things: 1) turn on all the lights, 2) turn off all the sound and 3) put sheets over all the dinosaurs. I think that would do it.

    I'm so glad you had so much fun, not just at the parks but with your siblings. It sounds like you had an awesome experience. I was driving with your parents to Oakland when you were talking to your mom about the dinosaur ride, so I got to hear a bit about it first hand :)

    ReplyDelete