Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just for Erin...

I won an award this week. I know! So exciting! Here it is:


Beautiful_Blogger_thumb[1].jpg


Now...don't worry. This award was not given because I am an amazing blogger. It was given in the hopes that I would actually update my blog. So, Erin, thank you. After months of sitting and gathering proverbial dust on the internet, the Adventures of Jenn live again!


In oder to accept this high honor, I am now required to tell all of you faithful followers ten - count 'em TEN - things about myself that you may not know. Drum roll please.


1. I dislike cats. Cats that live in people's homes generally gross me out. The hair. The climbing on counter tops where food is prepared. Litter boxes. Gag me! I can't handle it. The only way I believe that I will ever own a cat is if I live on a large piece of land and the cat can live outside pretty much ALL the time. This will allow the cat to entertain any potential children and also kill any potential mice.


2. I am irrationally afraid of scuba diving. I am an excellent swimmer. I have been a lifeguard and swim instructor. But there is something that scares me to death about the thought of being that deep under water. Also the sharks scare me. The only true panic attack I can remember in my adult life came as we were getting ready to certify for a one-day baby scuba adventure. I couldn't even get through the flip-chart presentation. Bad.


3. It may sound silly, but I love living in Rancho Cordova. Maybe it's because I grew up in Stockton, but I feel totally at home here. Happy. :)


4. Even though I have been home from my mission for almost seven years (yikes! has it been that long?) I still sometimes miss it so much it hurts. I can sometimes feel what it was like to be there. The smells, the weather, the people. It makes me homesick for a country that's not even my home. Funny, huh?


5. Tonight, for the first time in my life, I dipped an Oreo cookie directly into my jar of peanut butter and then ate it. It was pretty much absolutely delicious. It definitely was not the last time I will do that in my life.


6. I'm a horrible dater. I know - shocking, but oh so true. I take set-ups, so if anyone knows any good men out there - let me know. :)


7. I own a safety orange colored couch sack. A couch sack is like a Snuggie, but instead of being a blanket, it has arms and legs and zips up the front. Now...I did not purchase this for myself. It was a gift from a dear friend and roommate when I was living in Utah. And though I probably would never have purchased it for myself, I'm really glad she got it for me! I used to use it in Utah, and that thing was so stinkin' warm. I'd put on a t-shirt and leggings and then the couch sack, and I was so toasty warm. I hate being cold in the winter.


8. I read the April Ensign today, so I am officially prepared to get married. The articles were good. I feel that I have internalized them, and now I'm set and ready to go. Only problem...see #6.


(This is hard! Do I really have to come up with two more things?! Is anyone even still reading?)


9. Sometimes when I run I love to listen to the theme song from the original show "Fame!" I always hope that this song comes up on my ipod when I'm on a trail by myself. This is because when I hear the part when they sing, "Fame!" or "I'm gonna learn how to fly - HIGH!" I feel that I need to leap in the air. Specifically on the words "Fame" and "High." So, if you ever see me running, and I leap and stretch out my arms, it's because I'm listening to this song, believing that "I'm gonna live forever! Baby remember my name. (Remember. Remember. Remember.)"


10. Just like Sandra Bullock in "Miss Congeniality," I really do want world peace.


Erin - how did I do?


More adventure updates soon friends!

6 comments:

  1. 1. I had no idea that you hate cats. Because I love them.

    2. I am also scared of scuba diving. I had the chance to get fully certified in Thailand and I wimped out and sat on the beach for 10 days instead. Because what if I die under water and no one can find me??

    3. I have no idea where Rancho Cordova even is, but I'm excited about it.

    4. I'm right there with you on this one. And SERIOUSLY, it's been SEVEN years. I miss Japan about three times every day. I don't miss being a missionary, though, becuase that was one of the hardest things I've ever done. In fact, I felt more at home in Japan than I ever have here in Texas.

    5. I prefer to dip my oreos in milk. Of course, I'm not really allowed to buy oreos because I can literally eat every single one of them in one sitting. I mean, I'm already getting fat, fat, fat, and the oreos probably wouldn't help that AT ALL.

    6. I was also a horrible dater. I didn't go on very many dates because it was hard for me to be nice to the guy after I found out what a dork he was (because for some reason, people liked to set me up with dorks).

    Although, I do have some fine specimens for you to choose from down here in Southeast Texas - if you dig the World of Warcraft/Hermit type guys who don't really have jobs. The good news is they TOTALLY still go to church.

    Husband asked just the other day if I had any friends I could set these particular guys up with and all I could think was, "My friends? Seriously? My single friends are smart, accomplished, ambitious women. Your friends are LOSERS. I don't think it would go over very well."

    7. I don't own a Snuggie or anything like unto it. Because I'm basically the human heater. Seriously. If you're cold, stand within three feet of me and you'll feel the heat radiating from my skin.

    8. I haven't read the April Ensign. In fact, I don't even know where it is. I figure I don't have to since I'm already married. No more righteousness for me!

    9. I also love the Fame soundtrack. Not that I run anymore. I love Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For a Hero". And all Ricky Martin in Spanish - because it's a lot more sexy when you have no idea what he's saying.

    10. I could do with some world peace. Although I would just settle with some peace in Beaumont, Texas, so I could go for a walk outside at or near dark and not have to be worried about getting knifed, shot, mugged, or abducted.

    I LOVE THIS LIST! And I'm so glad you chose the right - by chosing to write this and entertain me. As you know, I don't really have anything to do at work so I have to rely on others for something to read.

    So. I'm going to stop now. Since this is now officially the longest comment EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Jenn!

    1. I don't like cats either but Dave does. Except this one time we were walking along the river and there was a super friendly cat. He was so cute and acted more like a dod. I wanted to take him home, but as I said he seemed more like a dog to me. Plus cats aren't good for pregnant ladies or babies, so I don't think I could ever have a cat or handle them standing on the counter where food is being prepared. Just gross.

    2. I've never been scuba diving and probably never will. The ocean is just so big and I am so small. I think it could swallow me up. Plus Dave's instilled a healthy fear of sharks in my heart.

    3. Rancho. I love it there too. Good times.

    4. I never served a mission, but it sounds fun. Maybe sometime when I'm old and retired.

    5. If you like oreos and peanut butter, I suggest you also try Grahm Crackers and peanut butter. It's an equally worthy snack/treat.

    6. I don't know if I was a horrible dater, but I always seemed to have more guy friends than girl friends. I guess I was more of the little sister type.

    7. My sister and I once both fit in a couch cozy at the same time. If that wasn't bad enough, we went walking down the street in it at about 10:00 at night.

    8. I read those marriage articles too. I couldn't believe that they had FOUR of them right in a row! Talk about laying it on THICK!

    9. I don't think I've ever listened to fame. If I see you leaping, I guess I'll know why.

    10. I don't have anything to say about "Miss Congeniality" other than remembering that she stuffed donuts (or some kind of pastry) down her shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny Jenn ...you forgot to mention though that world peace is your birthday wish every year ...and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing all about you! I never knew about your fear of scuba diving, although I do remember FAME! How could I not? :) Peanut butter and oreos - thanks A LOT for that idea. I'm resisting...resisting....

    On a different note, I was cleaning out boxes and came across Letter #1 of the JNS2 letter. Do you remember starting that? I wish we would have kept it going. Life takes over. Anyway, I will have to scan it in and send it to you. It was a fun trip down memory lane.

    Great to see you in teh blogging world again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FINALLY your back in the blogging world! JEEZE! missed you! Numero 6 is my favorite - don't worry. Chad and I are keeping our eyes out. xoxo Miss you lady! Oh, and I loved waking up to your bum in my face doing downward dog and warrior number 1 the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the need to respond to every question like others did.

    1. The thought of having a litter box in my home grosses me out and than having to clean it everyday to try to keep the smell away even worse.

    2. I have been snuba diving and scuba diving. Both were way fun except for the last 5 minutes of my scuba dive when I got a little sea sick under water. The bright side of getting sick was all the fish came very quickly.

    3. I do love Rancho Cordova I had the best roommates ever there. Not to fond of the cop who pulled me over for having to dark of a tint on my window. I serioucly need to get that fixed, I need my dark windows back.

    4. Mission never happened but hopfully the nightly scripture reading we did brought back memories for those months.

    5. I wonder how the Mint Oreo would taste. Not tempting enough for me to try might ruin the Oreo.

    6. Dating not my thing. We just need to find you a friend with benefits. After all I no longer have anyone to call a hooker.

    7. I got a snuggie 2 years ago from a sister at Christmas, it sat in my trunk for over a year until one day when I took it straight to the trash. I should have recycled the gift and given it to you.

    8. I'll say it again Marriage is over-rated!!

    9. I am not a Fame fan, but I can totally picture you running and breaking out into a leap. Someone please get a video of this when it happens.

    10. Miss Congenality loved the movie. World peace though reminds of the girl that was in the Miss Teen USA pagent Caite Upton who totally bomb her speech.

    Keep the post coming!!

    ReplyDelete