Hello? Is anyone still out there? Anyone?
OK - I know it's been a while.
Well...maybe more than a little while.
But I think I may be ready to blog again. Who's excited?! :)
Since I've been totally MIA for pretty much this entire past semester (see that my previous post was January 8!), I'll do a little recap of what I've been up to.
1. STATISTICS! Holy moly, good golly Miss Mollie, and oh my heck - this was quite a semester. I realized that if I was ever going to apply to graduate school, I was going to need to take a stats class. So I bucked up and registered for basic statistics at the junior college. (Well, first I convinced the counseling office that I should qualify for the class because even though I hadn't actually taken a math class since my junior year of high school I do have a college degree which certainly proves that I have math competency, right? They went for it.) All in all, I have to say that the class wasn't horrific. I really enjoyed using my brain in a new way, and I had an excellent teacher. That being said, I am SO glad to no longer be in class from 7-9 pm every Monday and Wednesday night.
2. And the class paid off - I got into grad school. Cool, huh? Starting this fall I'm going to be a University of the Pacific tiger. I'm entering the Speech Language Pathology program, and I'm really excited! Some of you may know that I'm a bit of a worry-wart when it comes to making gigantic life decisions, but I feel really good about this one. It's taken me a while, but I'm excited for this education/career move.
3. Have I done anything besides school, work, life decisions, and sleeping?
4. Took a trip to Oregon and Washington (post to come).
5. Took a trip to a mid-singles conference in Southern CA (oh yeah, a post to come).
6. I bought my first (and second) maxi-dress. LOVE! They're super cute, and it's like wearing pajamas. But pajamas that I can wear to work. (I know - this is the life-changing stuff right here.)
7. I went with my parents and sister to an amazing concert - Straight No Chaser. They're a male a cappella group, and we just kept turning to each other and saying things like, "Did you hear that? That was incredible!" Go see them. Seriously.
8. I'm trying to come up with a nice round number of 10 things to write here, but I'm kind of struggling. Did I mention that I took a class this semester and made huge life changing decisions? I did, huh? Did I mention that part of my life changing decisions include that I'm moving back in with my parents while I go to school? I didn't? They have graciously offered me a room, which I have accepted. And to think that they thought their adult kids would leave someday... :)
9. I'm going to be an aunt again!
10. My next post will not ramble so much. Well...I guess I can't make that guarantee. But i'll pick an actual topic and go with it. And maybe add pictures. Get excited.
It's good to be back.