Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ice Skating

I finished work on December 23rd at 11:30am, and vacation began immediately! I didn't have to go back to work until the next Wednesday, and I hadn't had that many days off in a row since June. So not only was all of my family in town, but I was on vacation. 

To kick things off, my mom drove up to my neck of the woods with Kallie and her adopted grandchildren (with makes my sister-in-law so jealous!) Allie, Jaden, and Bella. We had a quick lunch at McDonald's (so gourmet, I know), and then we headed to the outdoor ice skating rink that they built in my neighborhood this winter. 

Though skating was difficult for some, we all had a great time! It was a beautiful day and not too crowded. I was amazed at how quickly the younger girls picked it up - even though they wouldn't really let us lace their skates properly. :)

Allie and Kallie warming up. The rink had buckets to let the kids stake with as they got used to it.


My mom helping Bella. Umm...you may want to go the other way. :)


Kallie using the bucket.


Time to pose! Can you tell by the squinting that it was a little bright?


Allie and Bella - so cute! Somehow I never got a picture of Jaden. Oops!


Cute Bella...

Then Kallie, Allie, Jaden and I went on the Ferris Wheel. These are some of the better pictures. To my mom's credit, it is very hard to catch people when they're in a moving object. :)


Hey - there's a face or two! :)

A quick snack and everyone was back on the road, and the family Christmas vacation time started for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment