Monday, May 2, 2011

What Can I Say? We're Planners!

This past weekend I attended my cousin Kristen's wedding. She looked beautiful and happy, and the setting (my aunt and uncle's home/yard) couldn't have been prettier.

During some of the time between the wedding and the reception, my grandpa came over to talk to me, my mom, my grandma, and my cousin Jamie. The conversation went something like this:

Grandpa: I was just talking to Bob (my uncle), and we think it may be time to get the whole family together for another trip to Mexico.

Us: (big smiles) Definitely!

Grandpa: Yeah...we were thinking that with our two rooms, Bob's two rooms, and if we borrow two rooms from Bev and Tom, we should have plenty of space for all the families.

Us: (bigger smiles) That sounds fantastic! Count us in! You just say "when" and we're there!

Grandpa: We were thinking that it might be fun to go for Christmas...

Us: (huge smiles) Cool! Christmas on the beach is never a bad thing!

Grandpa: ...next year. Christmas 2012.

Us: (slightly deflated but still happy) Oh.

There's nothing like planning ahead! Here's to a potential trip that might happen in a year and a half! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, enough time to plan to include us right?? :) Hes sooo cute, I love grandpa! I want to see pictures from the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete