Monday, May 30, 2011

Adventure: Paramount Theater

Not long ago (ok - it's actually been a couple of months. I'm behind on my blogging!) my friend Kristen gathered a group of us to go to the Paramount Theater in Oakland. What a fantastic gem! It's this terrific old theater with beautiful architecture, great balconies, and a live organ playing before the show. I think that they have lots of different types of performances there, but they also show old movies. We were there to see this one:


If I EVER lapse in memory, please, Please, PLEASE remind me that I NEVER need to see this movie EVER AGAIN!!! In the first place, I don't really like birds. Secondly, I really don't like birds that randomly attack people and peck their eyes out. And, finally, I don't like movies without plot resolution. I was literally cringing from the moment the movie started. Because it starts with birds. Did I mention I don't like birds?

But...even though the movie was horrible for me, the theater and the friends that were there were fantastic, and I'd love to go again. Just with a different movie. Preferably one without birds. :)

Here's the group after the movie. With the flash you can see the people but not the theater.


Without the flash you can see some of the coolness of the theater but you get blurry people. Maybe I need to learn how to use my camera more effectively. :)


Here's one more blurry shot of the inside of the theater.


No comments:

Post a Comment