Sunday, January 16, 2011

Some 2011 Adventures

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ok - I know I'm a little late with that greeting, but we all know I'm not the most timely blogger. :)

For the past few weeks I've been compiling a new list of adventures, and I think I've got a pretty good start. Thank you to everyone who made suggestions! Unfortunately I won't be able to tackle all of the suggestions right now, but that's why my adventure lists have the equivalent of rollover minutes. If they don't happen this year, they can always happen next year.

So, here's a little taste of what's on the docket.

Read something by Charles Dickens
Learn how to make bread/rolls
Learn how to fly fish
See a Broadway show
Learn how to arrange flowers
Make something that I'd actually wear
Publish a book
Read Shakespeare
Grow something in my garden (preferably tulips, hydrangeas or ranunculus)
Participate in the Ragnar Nor-Cal race
Visit the Getty Museum
Visit the Legion of Honor
Concerts in the park
Learn to golf
Go to a festival

What do you think? It's just a start, and I know there's more that I can and will add to my list, but I think it should be pretty fun! Also, I think the spontaneous adventures are fantastic. For example, I didn't expect to go ice skating yesterday, but there I was. A fun little afternoon adventure with friends!


On a side note, I do believe the reason they close the Sacramento outdoor skating rink in mid-January is because it starts to melt. There were definitely some puddles on the ice yesterday. :)

Here's to many great adventures in the coming year!

7 comments:

  1. That's a great list. Good luck! Hearst Castle is cool, I hear the night tour is fun. "Tale of Two Cities" is a good read - though it's the only Dickens I've read so there could be something better. And my husband keeps promising to take me to the Getty, if you need someone to go with we're not far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started reading A Tale of Two Cities. I'm not going to lie, I'm having a hard time with the language...I just need them to speak plain English.

    I also have a VERY easy french bread recipe for you to practice on. I made it this evening and Mmmmmmm...it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read quite a bit of Dickens. "A Tale of Two Cities" is my all time favorites and one of my top five favorite books. I've read it multiple times. I cry every time I read it.

    The Getty is amazing. We Went over the summer and there was so much to see. If you go, give yourself an entire day to enjoy it.

    I also approve your flower choices (not that you need my approval). They all sound beautiful, but you may have yo wait till fall to plant them if they're all bulbs (I think most bulbs need a cold period before coming up and blooming).

    Good luck with your goals, they sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky - I'd love to go to the Getty with you! Also, I just realized that you e-mailed me on facebook and I never wrote back. Fail! I'll write back soon. :)

    Erin - I'd love your sourdough recipe. That is my FAVORITE bread ever!

    Alena - I know I missed the bulbs for this year. I was disappointed, but it's kind of ok because it forces me to spread out the list, right? :) Also...I need to come see you and meet your new baby. Wednesday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's French bread, not sourdough, Jenn. I don't know if you still want it or not. Sourdough is a little more labor intensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry. Apparently I can't read very good. :) I don't care though. If it's easy and bread I would like to give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wedsday is probably good for a visit. We should be here. Probably not very put together, but you can forgive me, right? Just call first.

    ReplyDelete