Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day One

My sister arrived in a foreign country today. She'll be there until December. This is incredibly exciting for her, and I think she's amazingly fabulous for setting off on such a grand adventure, but it means that I can't just pick up the phone and call or text her.

So I made a commitment that I may regret later on.

I told her that I would blog something EVERY day for the duration of her stay in Costa Rica.

Am I CRAZY?! Quite possibly.

But today is (barely, but it still is) day one. And here I am.

Now, daily blogging may not mean that I have exciting or even interesting entries. However, I will get the chance to share what's going on in my little head. Here' what's been in my head today:



After I saw Mary Poppins on stage a couple of months ago, I bought the original London cast recording. I was listening to it this morning as I was getting ready for work, and I LOVE this song.

I realize that this isn't a live video recording of the show, but that would be illegal, so just listen and enjoy the words. I kind of feel like this song fits my sister right now. "Anything can happen if you let it." She's letting great things happen. Shouldn't we all do that a little more?

Before my exhausted ramblings set in, I'm going to sign off. Now everyone can fall asleep with Mary Poppins in their heads. :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited! I love to hear your daily ramblings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I told Kari she should start a blog so she can ramble about everything happening in Costa Rica :) She voted no. So glad I get to follow your ramblings now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn! I miss you!! And this song totally reminds me of you!! I used to always hear it down stairs. haha

    And I'm excited to hear your daily ramblings too!! :) Even though I don't think it will nearly replace being one of your fellow roommates

    ReplyDelete