Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Know...

I realize that I haven't blogged much lately, and I've been taking a little flack for it (you know who you are heckler!). So...I'm back. I'm recommitting to throwing my thoughts out to the internet universe and the eight people who read this blog. :)

So here's a little catch-up from what's been going on in the past few months. Well...maybe I'll break things up into a few posts.

Let me start out by saying that I am now famous in Canada.

Are you shocked?

Yes, I was a guest actress for the entire first act of... (drum roll please)




Ok- so when I say "guest actress" you should read that to mean "volunteer." Here's how it went down.

On our first full day in Vancouver, we went to Granville Island and found out that they had a theater and that this show was playing. Shakespeare on the Beach was sold out, and we wanted to see a show, so this was our next best option. While my mom and uncle Ed were at the box office they told them that they accepted volunteers to be in the show about an hour before curtain. HELLO! Dream come true! How many ham-it-upppers do we have in my family?! SO many. However, I was the only one who wanted to volunteer. Let's face it. It was a spelling bee. I LOVE spelling bees, so this was perfect for me.

Before the show they gave us a little prep, then we took our seats, and I waited to see if my name would be called. It was, I went on stage and was the number 10 speller. Because of my number, they needed me to stay in the show till the end of the 1st act (I didn't know that at the time), so the other people got really hard words and I got "cow." They told us before the show that we had to ask, "May I have the definition please?" and "Can you use it in a sentence please?" When I asked those questions about "cow," I think the answers were something like, "A cow." and "Spell the word cow."

Anyway...sparing you all the rest of the details, I spent the first act on stage - right in the middle of all the singing and dancing and spelling. It was a blast! I finally was eliminated on really hard word that I can't even remember. But my consolation prize was that they sang a song to me. :) And I got a juice box.

It was a fabulous evening. And now I'm famous in Canada. Sort of.

So there you go. The first installment of me being back on track in the blog-o-sphere. Next post I'll go for more pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Bet you didn't know I read your blog. Yeah, I don't know how I found it, it must have been on facebook or maybe Erin's blog. I just added it to Google reader and now I know when you write something new. Anyway, I think this is great. It sounds like fun, but too bad you didn't have more opportunity to really ham it up.
    -Becky

    ReplyDelete